Teyssier: a daring, high-quality dry cured meat producer based in Ardèche since 1871
Founded in 1871 by the Teyssier family in the heart of the Monts d’Ardèche Regional Natural Park, Teyssier produces dry cured sausages and ham with great respect for traditional artisanal techniques. This rare expertise guarantees the quality of Teyssier products and enabled it to obtain the Living Heritage Company label.
Teyssier Salaisons are sold exclusively by Stalaven to the finest butchers, delicatessens, and caterers. It offers outstanding products worth (re-)discovering!
Teyssier, in the heart of the Ardèche mountains
Teyssier started out in 1871 as a small delicatessen founded by Victorin Teyssier and his wife in Saint-Agrève. Over the years, Maison Teyssier has developed its expertise in producing dry cured ham and sausages.
Situated at 1136 m in the heart of the Ardèche Mountains Regional Natural Park, Teyssier is the highest dry cured meat producer in France. All sausages and hams are individually dried and matured in outstanding conditions in the fresh air. Established on the Ardéche plateau for 5 generations, the company contributes to the region’s economic development by employing local residents and favouring fresh, French meat, from regional breeders, wherever possible.
Rare expertise celebrated by the Living Heritage Company label
Teyssier is one of the last cured meat producers in France to continue using traditional techniques. Its rare expertise was recognised by the Living Heritage Company label in 2012, and renewed in 2017.
Perpetuating ancient traditions guarantees exceptional product quality:
- The meats are trimmed with a knife to remove the nerves as finely as possible.
- Embossing in natural casing determines the shape and weight of the sausages. Unlike artificial casing, this technique enhances the development of flavours during maturing to produce a unique, authentic end taste.
- The cases are hand-tied according to traditional production methods.
- The dried hams are hand salted with lard and Ardèche PDO chestnut flour to enhance aromas and contribute a soft texture.
- The hams are dried on wooden frames to ensure intense, oaky flavours emblematic of the Maison Teyssier brand.
The unique flavours of Teyssier products have received numerous awards over the years. Since signing up to the Paris International Agricultural Show in 2008, Teyssier has won 24 medals, including 3 bronze medals and 1 gold medal in 2019.
A living heritage company that innovates to meet new consumer demands
Teyssier draws on its expertise to create innovative, delicious and daring products that reflect the latest consumer demands.
It was in this spirit that the “Fine lean long sausage” range was founded. Made according to traditional techniques, these light and authentic dry cured sausages contain 35 to 40% less fat compared to standard sausages.
In 2019, two new products were added to the existing sausage range:
- The 1871: a reworking of the original Teyssier sausage recipe. Made from a combination of pork and beef, as practised on the high plateaux in the 19th century, the 1871 sausage is infused with aromatic herbs and spices and serves as a real homage to dry curing traditions. For lovers of characterful sausages
- The heart of Saint-Agrève: Shaped like a heart, the new flat, casingless sausage delicately infused with pepper expresses all the expertise of Maison Teyssier with an innovative, stylish twist! A sausage worth sharing and discovering over an aperitif!
- Creation of INNOLEA, a French research company focused on genetics and genomics of oil crops02/10/2019 - 1:55 PM
- Euralis appoints its General Director and Deputy General Director11/09/2019 - 3:05 PM
- Euralis Semences strengthens its financial resources to accelerate its international development 12/02/2020 - 11:22 AM
- Euralis announces the construction of a seed factory in Russia04/11/2019 - 11:30 AM