WE DEFEND THE COOPERATIVE AGRICULTURAL MODEL
Cooperative farming has proved itself over the past 150 years as an asset for the economy, employment and land development, responding to the challenges facing farming and food for today and tomorrow.
Farming cooperatives are set up by and for farmers, who are their corporate members. This corporate governance model operates on the “one man = one vote” principle, where each person has equal power to the others, regardless of the amount they contribute to the cooperative.
Linked by statute to a particular area, farming cooperatives can be neither bought out nor relocated. They are part of the real economy, for long term development.
- In France, cooperative farming brings together 2,750 businesses and 600,000 men and women. Nearly 3/4 of French farmers belong to at least one cooperative.
- As an illustration of its great diversity, cooperative farming is present in all regions of France, operating in a multitude of sectors, from microbusinesses to groups with an international reach.
- With a turnover of 84 billion euros, this is a pillar of the French economy, contributing to the creation and ongoing provision of jobs in regions and rural areas. 74% of cooperative registered offices are located in rural areas.
A major driver of innovation, cooperative farming encourages the development of new practices and technologies to preserve the environment, to produce more and better, in response to the challenges of farming and feeding our planet.
Finally, present at every stage from gate to plate, cooperative businesses can provide maximum traceability. They are ideally placed to respond effectively to the expectations of the consumer, particularly in terms of transparency and food quality and safety. 1/3 of food brands found in supermarkets come from cooperative groups.
Learn about the benefits of cooperative farming at lacooperationagricole.coop
- Creation of INNOLEA, a French research company focused on genetics and genomics of oil crops02/10/2019 - 1:55 PM
- Euralis appoints its General Director and Deputy General Director11/09/2019 - 3:05 PM
- Christophe Congues has been elected President of the Euralis Cooperative Group12/02/2021 - 4:43 PM
- Thanks to the resilience of its economic model in light of the COVID-19 health crisis, Euralis is going ahead with its plan to consolidate and accelerate its strategic decisions: transformation, international development and innovation with an emphasis on performance14/12/2020 - 3:58 PM