Rougié is a brand in the Euralis Food Division. The story of the brand, established in 1875, is intricately linked with that of the great gourmet chefs worldwide. Together, they share a real passion for foie gras.
Rougié in France
Rougié is the leading foie gras brand across all segments of the eating out industry, with 15% of the French market. The brand is also found in specialist grocery shops, tourist and duty free shops.
Rougié on the international market
Internationally, Rougié products are served by the world’s top hotels, restaurants and airlines. 98% of Rougié foie gras is consumed by the restaurant trade. The remaining 2% is distributed through specialist grocery shops, French fine food shops and duty free.
The Rougié foie gras school
All around the world, chefs want to find out about foie gras and how to work with it. It was with foie gras devotees in mind that Rougié founded its Foie Gras School in Lescar (Pyrénées Atlantiques) in 2007. The training, led by a top chef (Meilleur Ouvrier de France or Michelin-starred), is available to French and foreign chefs and their brigades. That know-how has spread internationally too, with the Rougié Foie Gras School forging partnerships with ten great catering colleges in Asia, North America and Europe.
Rougié: founding partner of the Bocuse d’Or Winners’ Academy
Rougié is the founding sponsor of the Bocuse d’Or Academy awards, which since 1987 has offered the greatest chefs a unique opportunity to demonstrate their skills, providing a powerful springboard for their careers.
Member of the 2015 Bocuse d’Or®